Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lessons learned weight watching - different data views

This is not a part of my usual blogs on concepts and social consciousness. 
 
 
Since September 12th 2009, I have been recording my weight almost daily.
 
Fig#1

 
Fig#2
 

No matter what my observed weight was I recorded it.  If my weight increased by 2 or 3 pounds over a period of a day I would write it down (as I saw it). As a result I learned a number of things.
 
1. Weighing myself once a week (or once a month) gives a poor idea of how much I really weigh.
2. Drinking a can of soda could raise my weight 2-3 pounds in one day.
3. Eating increased amounts of bread affects weight gain.
4. A two week average of data is a better indicator of weight gain or loss (see Fig#3).
5. Cutting my intake in the evening had the greatest affect on weight loss
6. Cutting my intake in the evening over a longer period has the greatest effect. this was the easiest way to loss weight with minimal discomfort. I ate pretty much what I wanted during the day but just cut my evening meals by half or stopped snacking. it wasn't a pound a day kind of loss but found it to be around between 0.2 and 0.8lbs per day.
7. A person can lose an average of 17 lbs over a period of two years just by watching their weight (as compared to those who don't) - check out bluezones.com 
 
Fig#3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment