Friday, April 20, 2012

















The above image is an example of a methodology I developed for documenting my experience working with forms.

Each sphere represents a percept (or collection of percepts); a mental snapshot or thought. Originally I did it all on paper, then discovered MS Visio. The thing was, was that I could already see it in my head; the program just helped me show it. It was a great way to map spin off ideas, questions, errors and potential deviations. I did time audits, counted the number of steps, etc…). The biggest benefit was that you could show the most efficient method of getting from point A to point B within a given form. Some programs were monstrous to map like giant oaks, when all that was needed was a sampling.

The way I think is that I work outward and so when I map my thoughts they appear radial. that's why the mapping begins at the bottom of the page and works away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment